Claims and appeals
Claims may be submitted by SIET customers, by users of the testing, calibration and certification services delivered by SIET, by Accreditation Bodies or by any other involved party.
The claims concerning certification services, can be directly related to the SIET activities or to activities of the company certified by SIET.
For any claim please download the form in this section and, upon completion, send it to SIET by fax (0523 329010) or e-mail ( ).
In the case of claims sent by mail or fax:
- SIET provides a written receipt within 10 (ten) days from the date of claim receipt at SIET;
- SIET answers within 20 (twenty) days after claim receipt.
All claims are submitted to the Committee for Safeguarding Impartiality for appropriate considerations, comments and possible resolutions.
The company applying for certification (or already certified) may appeal against the decisions of SIET, stating the reasons for his disagreement within 30 (thirty) days from the notification of the decision.
SIET examines the action and gives its opinion within 90 (ninety) days from the date of receipt.
Anyone who wants to express the non-acceptance of the decisions taken by SIET, and intends to appeal, must fill the form downloadable in this section and follow these instructions:
- The appeal form must be sent to the fax number 0523 329010 or e-mail address ;
- SIET notifies in writing the Organization of the appeal within 10 days after receipt;
- The Decision-making Body of SIET conducts an assessment in this regard;
- in order to guarantee the needed impartiality, the written analysis submitted by the Decision-making Body is evaluated by the Committee for Safeguarding Impartiality.
- SIET submits a written reply, by registered letter, to the appealing company within 90 days after appeal receipt. The written reply includes the outcome of the assessment and the related decisions.